Dates: 23 and 30 August and 6 September 2018 (9.00am to 5.00pm – 21 hours’ verifiable CPD)
Location: 5-star Radisson Blu hotel, 301 Argyle Street, Glasgow
Cost: £1,395 (includes refreshments and sit-down lunch in hotel restaurant)
This 3-day practical course provides delegates with the essential skills and knowledge to fully understand and perform their DPO roles, including:
- “A to Z” of the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018, and understanding the structure and interaction between them;
- in-depth examination of the data protection principles and data subjects’ rights, including the required supporting documentation, policies, procedures and notices;
- understanding and managing HR data protection matters;
- data sharing and disclosures;
- data retention, anonymisation and developing a data retention policy;
- managing international data transfers;
- websites and online data protection issues;
- undertaking GDPR compliance audits;
- introducing privacy by design and completing data protection impact assessments;
- implementing and maintaining effective data security and identifying, containing and reporting data security breach incidents;
- managing the data security issues associated with new technologies, including remote working, cloud computing, bring your own device initiatives and drones;
- understanding the functions and powers of the ICO, liaising with the ICO and managing ICO complaints and investigations;
- risk management, how to push GDPR up the internal agenda and implementing a “culture of compliance”;
- delivering effective staff training and drafting compliant policies, procedures and staff guidance materials;
- developing and managing an ongoing DPO tasklist;
- maintaining a DPO toolkit; and
- keeping knowledge of data protection law and best practice up-to-date.
The course adopts an interactive workshop format with reference to “real life” practical examples. It is designed to facilitate delegate learning and to allow for interaction, discussion and sharing of best practice and experience among delegates.
Please contact Harman Jagpal at firstname.lastname@example.org for bookings.