Blog: One week to go until Scottish Housing Day 2018
CIH Scotland and partners are gearing up for this year’s Scottish Housing Day which takes place in just one week’s time on Wednesday the 19th of September.
Scottish Housing Day aims to celebrate the impact that housing makes to the lives of people and communities across the country, as well as communicating about housing options. With 2018 also the ‘year of young people’, the focus this year is how we meet the housing needs of young people. The day is organised by the Chartered Institute of Housing Scotland, the Scottish Federation of Housing Associations, Homes for Scotland, Shelter Scotland, the Association of Local Authority Chief Housing Officers, the Scottish Association of Landlords, the Tenant Participatory Advisory Service Scotland, Regional Network of Registered Tenants Organisations and the Scottish Government.
Here at CIH Scotland, we have a number of exciting events lined up to mark the day including:
- Our special ‘Meet the Veep’ session in Dundee on Tuesday the 18th of September in Dundee where CIH members can meet our new incoming President Jim Strang. You can find out more information and book your place by clicking here.
- A special hustings event taking place at the Scottish Parliament on Wednesday the 19th of September, featuring speakers from each of the main political parties, including Councillor Peter Barratt, Pauline McNeill MSP, Graham Simpson MSP, Kevin Stewart MSP and Andy Wightman MSP.
- A special evening reception, taking place on the 19th of September from 6:00 – 8:00pm at the Scottish Parliament, featuring the Minister for Local Government, Housing and Planning, Kevin Stewart MSP, and kindly sponsored by Graham Simpson MSP.
For more information about any of these events, please call us on 0131 225 4544 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
We are also pleased to be co-hosting a series of ‘Soapbox Debates’ on Scottish Housing Day in partnership with Wheatley Group. The Debates will be held at the Lipton Academy, in Glasgow on Wednesday the 19th of September from 11:00 – 12:30, after which there will be a networking lunch.
Confirmed speakers include:
- Evie Copland, Transformation Lead, Dumfries and Galloway Housing Partnership
- Gary Dalziel, CEO, Elderpark Housing Association
- Louise Dunlop, Acting Head of Care, Loretto Care
- Mark Nicol, Group Protection and Strategic Partnership Lead, Wheatley 360 (Wheatley Group)
Places are open to CIH members, so if you would like to attend, please email email@example.com to confirm your place.
Housing organisations across the country are also busy organising a range of events and activities and you can find out more information about these on the Scottish Housing Day website or by following @ScotHousingDay on Twitter. If you would like to lend your support to Scottish Housing Day, why not download our supporters pack, or let us know what you are doing to mark the day by Tweeting with the hashtag #scottishhousingday.