CIH Level 3 in Housing Maintenance and Asset Management - SHARE
Who is it for and what is it about?
This course is designed for housing professionals, primarily those who are working in a maintenance or technical role. It will assist and enable them to support the maintenance operation within their organisation. It may also be suitable for individuals who have worked in other housing roles and are looking to develop their technical knowledge.
The course will focus on the knowledge required to deliver a repairs and maintenance programme within a housing association, but also consider the function within the wider context of an organisation.
The course will cover four modules:
- Professional Practice Skills for Housing
- Housing Construction and Maintenance
- Managing Empty Properties
- Health and Safety Awareness for Housing Management and Maintenance
On completion of this course, delegates should:
- Appreciate the skill set and ethics that a housing professional requires; the importance of equality, diversity and inclusion in housing; and the need to monitor and assess your own performance and career development
- Understand common types of construction in the social rented sector; including utilities, defects and common repairs
- Understand the importance of effectively managing void properties; and how processes, health and safety, quality and standards impact on this function.
- Understand the health and safety legislative requirements a housing association must comply with in the maintenance role; including cyclical regulations and personal safety for staff on site.
Date: 29th September, 27th October, 24th November and 14th December 2020
Trainer: Jane Heppenstall
Cost: Members £850.00 / Non-Members £1,150.00
This course will take place using a blended learning approach.