Writing policies – SHARE
Who’s it for and what’s it about
How do you write bespoke policies specific to your organisation which are clear, usable and fit for purpose and will assist you to convert strategic aims into clear actions? This is a challenge which many policy staff and managers face.
This course will provide you with practical experience in writing policies and equip you with the skills to produce documents which are user friendly and meet the needs of the intended audience.
It is suitable for anyone who is involved in writing or adopting policies, who is new to policy writing or wishing to refresh existing skills.
- Principles and best practice in policy production
- Address the audience - appropriate language for the organisation/specific policy
- Develop/adopt the house style
- Structure and table of contents
- Comply with legislation and regulation
- C.T systems and best practice
- Where does ‘policy’ end and ‘procedure’ begin
As a result of this course you will be able to:
- Understand the characteristics of good policies
- Address your audience – who are they? What do they need to know?
- Meet the needs of different audiences
- Gain practical experience in writing policies
- Create an accessible and easy to use Policy Portfolio
Date: 24th January 2019
Duration: 1 day
Trainer: Anne Robertson
Venue: SHARE, Saracen House, 139 Saracen Street, Glasgow, G22 5AZ
Costs: Members £100.00 / Non-Members £200.00