Effective voids management
Who’s it for and what’s it about?
This course is for housing staff with the responsibility for managing void properties who may be experiencing difficulty in letting properties due to low demand, the impact of welfare reforms or how properties are promoted.
This course looks at how to improve void to let times especially in relation to difficult to let properties from an operational and strategic perspective.
- Allocations Policy
- Void Standard
- Pre-termination opportunities
- Marketing and promotion
- Quick wins
- Practical support for new tenants
- Rent payments and financial capability
- Welfare benefits, debt and income maximisation
- Spotlight on tenancies for young people
- Locality planning
- Understand the importance of housing as a product to market and promote.
- You should be able to understand how your existing policies and processes are impacting on difficult to let properties.
- Increased knowledge of how Welfare Reforms and other external factors are affecting lets.
- Increase your knowledge of practical ways to attract and support new customers to your homes to minimise lost rent.
- Improved understanding of locality planning to improve void performance
Date: 8th June 2023
Time: 9:30am – 4:30pm
Trainer: Angela Spence
Costs: Members £195.00/Non-Members £295.00