Face to face course, 6th March 2024, Glasgow area
Asbestos Awareness 9:15am – 12:30pm and Duty to Manage 1:00pm – 4:30pm.
The Asbestos Awareness element of this training course is designed to raise your awareness of asbestos and the materials it can be found in. The knowledge you gain from this session will help you understand how to prevent the accidental disturbance of asbestos and prevent exposure to asbestos fibres to yourself and others.
Training must satisfy the requirements of Regulation 10 of the Control of Asbestos Regulations 2012; our awareness training does this by covering the following:
- the properties of asbestos and its effects on health, including the increased risk of developing lung cancer for asbestos workers who smoke
- the types, uses and likely occurrence of asbestos and asbestos materials in buildings and plant
- the general procedures to deal with an emergency, e.g. an uncontrolled release of asbestos dust into the workplace
- how to avoid the risk of exposure to asbestos.
We also offer an extension to the awareness training, by linking Duty to Manage training which would allow you to extend your asbestos knowledge to include a basic understanding of the legislative requirements of the Control of Asbestos Regulations (CAR) 2012. Particular reference is paid to the Duty Holder and who that can be, the surveys available, what to expect in a survey and the asbestos management plan and its use.
Our afternoon ‘Duty to Manage’ session includes:
- Regulation 4 – Duty to Manage Asbestos in Non-Domestic Premises
- Asbestos in the housing sector
- Asbestos surveying, HSG264 and survey reports
- Asbestos Management Plan
The Independent Asbestos Training Providers (IATP) work in co-operation with the HSE and are the only organisation offering independently audited training providers; Housing H&S Compliance UK Ltd are proud to be audited and recognised by IATP.
Our training is focused on those working within social housing and our trainer, Matt, has worked for a social landlord as their asbestos technical officer, so has a real ‘inside’ knowledge. Matt is a popular, experienced trainer delivering both sessions at exactly the right level – with a mix of interesting insight and humour for good measure!