IRPM Professional Diploma in Property Factoring in Scotland
Who’s it for and what’s it about?
This two-day qualification is the next level up for those who have already completed the IRPM Fundamentals of Factoring qualification and passed the Associate exam.
It would also be perfect for those with a sound level of knowledge within a factoring/property manager role (we suggest a minimum of two years’ experience).
By undertaking this qualification you are required to demonstrate competence in six direct job-related skills areas, each of which is core to carrying out professional property factoring, as well as provide an opportunity to develop specific expertise within specialist areas.
Delegates will also have access to study materials, eLearning units and practice exams to prepare you for the IRPM online exam.
On passing the examination you will achieve the Professional Diploma in Property Factoring (designed at SCQF Level 8). You will then be entitled to apply for Full Member status at IRPM and you will also be able to use post-nominals MIRPM.
This course will re-examine the six units from the Fundamentals of Factoring qualification focusing on:
- Property legislations
- Health and safety
- Building structures
- Managing factored property in Scotland
- The history of factoring
- The day-to-day management of property factoring in Scotland
This qualification aims to:
- Understand the institutional framework for providing property factoring services in Scotland
- Understand the operational arrangement employed to deliver property factoring services
- Appreciate and analyse the rationale behind public intervention in residential property and its management
- Critically evaluate the effectiveness of the different approaches employed to deliver residential property management
By the end of this course candidates will:
- Critically evaluate policies and practices relating to property factoring
- Develop personal communication skills in respect of negotiation and brokerage
- Enhance relevant problem-solving skills; self-management, and the ability to set and meet deadlines
- Utilise relevant software to support property factoring activities
- Be able to use, and critically interpret a range of financial data, including accounts with the aid of MS-Excel
- Engender a desire to assess and participate in Continuing Professional Development (CPD) that pertains to factoring services to further enhance your personal skills set
Date: 5th July and 17th August
Time: 9:30am – 4:30pm
Trainer: Debra Campbell
Costs: Members £500.00/Non-Members £590.00 (additional IRPM costs may be applicable, please see our website for further details)