Job Title: Apprentice Joiner
Duration: 4 Years
Application Closing Date: 17 June 2023
Hours: 36 per week
Location: Glenrothes Depot
Salary: The salary scale is based on a proportion of the starting salary of a joiner - £28,609. Year 1 - 37%, Year 2 - 47%, Year 3 - 67% and Year 4 - 89% of the full salary value.
Job category/type: Maintenance and Repairs
Eligibility: Aged between 16 to 24 years old and not in full time education.
To be eligible for a Traineeship you must be aged between 16 to 24 years old and not in full time education.
About the Job
As an apprentice joiner you will work with an experienced team of operatives to learn your trade. You will be part of the in-house maintenance team and will be trained to carry out maintenance-related joinery work including window and door repairs, kitchens fitting and repairs, flooring replacement and repairs, replacement of doors internal and external, general Joinery. You’ll train through a mixture of work-based and college based learning. Attendance at college and passing all assignments within the given timescales is essential in gaining your trade qualification. In addition to this you will also learn some basic multitrade tasks including plumbing and ceramic tiling. The apprenticeship will be a fixed term contract for 4 years and whilst there is no guarantee of a permanent job with us at the end of the apprenticeship, you will gain your trade qualification and we think you’ll be in a great position to take the next step in your career.
To be successful in your apprenticeship you need to be highly motivated and have a keen interest in the trade/building environment. You need to be able to work as part of a team but also on your own initiative when planning your workload. You will be responsible for driving your own training and development and we will provide the support and coaching that will compliment the college based learning.
To be eligible for an apprenticeship you must be aged between 16 to 24 years old and not in full time education.
What Will I Gain from the Apprenticeship?
You will gain your trade qualification while working within a team of experienced operatives who will be on hand to coach and support you through your course. Kingdom is a well established and reputable organisation with a wealth of experience in the building industry and a proven successful apprenticeship programme. There is also potential for permanent employment at the end of your training.
Is it for me?
If you have a desire to work within the building industry and in particular as a tradesperson an apprenticeship is a fantastic way to not only gain your apprenticeship but to also consolidate your learning within a team of experienced operatives.
- An attractive salary and benefits package
- A contributory pension scheme (employer contribution of 10%) and option to join the salary exchange pension scheme.
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 37 days (33 days plus 4 days public holidays). After 5 years continuous service, you’ll receive an additional 2 days annual leave and a further 2 days after 10 years.
- Access to an interest free loan to purchase tools and equipment.
- Access to our low-interest car loan scheme. (Where eligible)
- Access to our Kingdom Academy offering a range of learning and development opportunities.
- Enhanced family friendly (enhanced maternity, adoption, paternity and shared parental leave) and sick pay entitlements (up to 6 months full pay).
- Access to our employee assistance programme providing a free information service and an employee counselling service.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Access to our Employee Benefit Platform providing a large range of discounts across UK retailers, our Cycle to Work scheme, travel and leisure staff benefits enabling you to spread the cost of holidays and wellbeing support.
How to apply
You can apply online by visiting our website and click on the Kingdom Housing Association Vacancies link.
We will provide further information on the format of the interview to all those invited.
Kingdom is committed to contributing towards the eradication of homelessness. As part of that, we particularly welcome applications from people who are currently registered homeless or have been in the last 12 months. We will guarantee shortlisting to any applicant who meets that criteria and the essential criteria for the vacancy. If we offer you the role and you are homeless at that point, we will also offer you a tenancy in one of our properties as part of the Naumann Initiative. If you wish your application to be considered under the scheme, please state this under “Supporting information” on your application form.
Scottish Charity No: SC000874