Cleaner - Labourer
Job Title: Cleaner - Labourer
Application Closing Date: 27 March 2023
Hours: 38 hours per week
Salary: £23,924 - £24,988 per annum
Job category/type: Trade
Kingdom Housing Association provides housing and support throughout East Central Scotland, Perth and its surrounding areas and we have plans for a significant expansion of our housing stock over the next five years.
We live by our CARES values of Customer, Accountable, Respect, Efficient and Supportive. In addition to the core services, related to providing, managing and maintaining affordable housing.
Kingdom aspires to be an employer of choice. We obtained Gold IiP and Platinum IiYP accreditation. We’re currently the highest placed Scottish RSL on the Best Companies to Work For list.
About the Role
The role involves providing a high quality cleaning and clearance service within all of our properties. In addition there will be a requirement to carry out some minor multitrade works such as lock changes, tiling, fencing and laying loft insulation. There may also be opportunities to support with kitchen instals. You will work within our extensive team of operatives and will benefit from their knowledge and experience.
The Team is responsible for the cleaning of our change of tenancies including pre and post cleaning, wheelie bin emptying / cleaning, internal and external clearance works. You should have previous cleaning and labouring experience with a good knowledge of health and safety, in particular with the use of cleaning products, sharps identification and removal, working at height, decontamination and working within confined spaces (loft clearance). Several years experience in a similar environment is desirable.
Whilst our Depot is based in Glenrothes, you will be expected to work at and from any other properties operated by us. Extensive travel will be required for these posts. A Van will be provided for the team and therefore a current driving licence is essential. You must be able to demonstrate a flexible approach and enthusiasm for your work and should be able to work well on your own or as part of a team.
- A driving licence is essential for this post
- You will be required to complete a satisfactory Standard Police Act Disclosure Scotland check.
- An attractive salary and benefits package
- A contributory pension scheme (employer contribution of 10%) and option to join the salary exchange pension scheme.
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 37 days (33 days plus 4 days public holidays). After 5 years continuous service, you’ll receive an additional 2 days annual leave and a further 2 days after 10 years.
- Access to our low-interest car loan scheme. (Where eligible)
- Access to our Kingdom Academy offering a range of learning and development opportunities.
- Enhanced family friendly (enhanced maternity, adoption, paternity and shared parental leave) and sick pay entitlements (up to 6 months full pay).
- Access to our employee assistance programme providing a free information service and an employee counselling service.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Access to our Employee Benefit Platform providing a large range of discounts across UK retailers, our Cycle to Work scheme, travel and leisure staff benefits enabling you to spread the cost of holidays and wellbeing support.
- A variety of flexible and hybrid working arrangements such as flexible working hours, compressed hours, remote working including flexibility around where work is carried out.
How to apply
You can apply online by visiting our website: https://www.kingdomhousing.org.uk/jobs/ and click on the Kingdom Housing Association Vacancies link.
We will provide further information on the format of the interview to all those invited.
Kingdom is committed to contributing towards the eradication of homelessness. As part of that, we particularly welcome applications from people who are currently registered homeless or have been in the last 12 months. We will guarantee shortlisting to any applicant who meets that criteria and the essential criteria for the vacancy. If you wish your application to be considered under the scheme, please state this under “Supporting information” on your application form.
Scottish Charity No: SC000874