Job Title: Digital Trainee
Permanent or Temporary: Temporary for 3 years
Application Closing Date: 17 June 2023
Hours: 36 per week
Location: Glenrothes, Saltire Centre
Salary: £20,405 - £23,378 (spinal points 9 - 14) per annum
Job category/type: Digital
Eligibility: Aged between 16 to 24 years old and not in full time education.
To be eligible for a Traineeship you must be aged between 16 to 24 years old and not in full time education.
About the Job
Kingdom’s Digital Service is committed to providing customer-focused solutions. We aim to ensure our systems are intuitive, quick and secure. Our systems are cloud-based, and we support over 550 colleagues with technology.
As part of our Digital Team, you will be able to gain a broad experience of great technology. This will include Cloud computing, SaaS applications, unified communications, no-code apps, security, hardware, project work, APIs and using data to drive decision-making. An essential part of our work is managing BAU. The focus will be on Digital Support, but there will be opportunities to be involved in wider Digital work.
The traineeship is a fixed term contract for 3 years and whilst there is no guarantee of a permanent job with us at the end of the traineeship, we think you’ll be in a great position to take the next step in your career.
To be successful, you need to be highly motivated and have a keen interest in technology. You need to be able to work as part of a team but also on your own initiative when planning your workload. You will be responsible for driving your training and development, and we will provide the support that will complement the college/university-based learning.
What Will I Gain from the Traineeship?
You will gain your IT/Digital qualification while working with a team of experienced technologists who will be on hand to mentor and support you through your learning journey. There is also potential for permanent employment at the end of your training.
Is it for me?
The role would suit someone enthusiastic about technology but also someone who can be creative, embrace change and look at improvements to our Digital systems to provide Customer benefit. It can be very challenging and varied work.
To be successful, you need to work well under pressure and be a team player. The ability to prioritise your work with your colleagues to meet departmental objectives is also very important. You must communicate well within the team, with colleagues from other departments and external parties.
- An attractive salary and benefits package
- A contributory pension scheme (employer contribution of 10%) and option to join the salary exchange pension scheme.
- Generous annual leave entitlement of 37 days (33 days plus 4 days public holidays). After 5 years continuous service, you’ll receive an additional 2 days annual leave and a further 2 days after 10 years.
- Access to an interest free loan to purchase tools and equipment.
- Access to our low-interest car loan scheme. (Where eligible)
- Access to our Kingdom Academy offering a range of learning and development opportunities.
- Enhanced family friendly (enhanced maternity, adoption, paternity and shared parental leave) and sick pay entitlements (up to 6 months full pay).
- Access to our employee assistance programme providing a free information service and an employee counselling service.
- Discounted gym membership.
- Access to our Employee Benefit Platform providing a large range of discounts across UK retailers, our Cycle to Work scheme, travel and leisure staff benefits enabling you to spread the cost of holidays and wellbeing support.
How to apply
You can apply online by visiting our website and click on the Kingdom Housing Association Vacancies link.
We will provide further information on the format of the interview to all those invited.
Kingdom is committed to contributing towards the eradication of homelessness. As part of that, we particularly welcome applications from people who are currently registered homeless or have been in the last 12 months. We will guarantee shortlisting to any applicant who meets that criteria and the essential criteria for the vacancy. If we offer you the role and you are homeless at that point, we will also offer you a tenancy in one of our properties as part of the Naumann Initiative. If you wish your application to be considered under the scheme, please state this under “Supporting information” on your application form.
Scottish Charity No: SC000874