Post: Welfare Rights & Money Advice Officer
Salary: £31,747 – £38,801 (depending on skills and experience)
Part Time, 17.5 hours per week (Monday, Tuesday and Thursday am)
1 Year Fixed Term
Hybrid working (arrangements to be agreed)
For the past 45 years Port of Leith HA has been providing high quality affordable housing and actively contributing to the regeneration of Leith and North Edinburgh, in line with our Group mission ‘to make a positive impact on people’s lives in Leith and north Edinburgh by providing affordable homes and services and creating brilliant communities’.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced, enthusiastic Welfare Rights/Money Advice Officer to join our Tenant Advice service, based in our office in Leith. You will provide an excellent service to our tenants to ensure that income is maximised through welfare benefits and debt and budgeting advice. You will have excellent interpersonal, communication and organisational skills and be able to work with minimum supervision.
The main purpose of the role is to:
- Carry out benefits check
- Advise on entitlements
- Assist with benefit applications
- Liaise with DWP, CEC and other agencies
- Prepare for and represent customers at benefit appeals and tribunals
- Provide high quality, specialist debt counselling, debt adjusting and budgeting advice to our tenants to ensure that income is maximised, and tenancies sustained
- Carry out case checks for colleagues to ensure compliance and quality of advice to ensure all data and statistical information is recorded accurately
You will have a thorough and current knowledge of welfare benefits and money/debt advice with at least 2 years’ relevant experience working in this field, along with a good general level of education. You should also be familiar with case recording on AdvicePro.
This post is subject to Police Check Standard Disclosure.
Please submit your application online via this LINK.
Online applications should be received by Tuesday, 6 December 2022.
Interviews will take place week commencing 12 December 2022.
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer. A Registered Charity No. SC027945
No Agencies or CVs please