Perth & Kinross Council’s housing advice services on the move

Perth and Kinross CouncilServices provided by Perth & Kinross Council’s Housing Advice Centre will move to Pullar House from next month.

The council has taken the opportunity to end the lease on the Housing Advice Centre at York Place as part of a continued effort to reduce its property portfolio and deliver services in the most efficient way possible.

It follows the successful Perth Office Programme (POP), which reduced the number of the council’s properties from seven buildings to three in Perth city centre from 2014-16

People who need to use the following services will be able to access them by visiting the reception of the main council HQ at Pullar House, Kinnoull Street, from July 17:

  • Housing options
  • Housing allocations – management of the Common Housing Register
  • Homeless assistance – assessment and investigation
  • Temporary accommodation – assessment and identification
  • Private sector initiatives – Rent Bond Guarantee Scheme and Empty Homes

A council spokesperson said: “Many of the people who visit the Housing Advice Centre also require support from other services that are currently based at Pullar House – for example Welfare Rights and Benefits.

“The relocation of Housing Advice Centre to Pullar House will therefore provide people with a ‘one-stop shop’ where they can access all of the services they require in one place during one visit, ensuring that our services are delivered efficiently and are customer-focussed.”

Related posts