Scottish Housing News is a responsible publication and takes your privacy extremely seriously. We are committed to ensuring that your personal information is processed in strict accordance with all applicable data protection legislation, including the EU General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and relevant domestic legislation. This policy explains how we protect your data.
The type of personal information we collect
The personal information we collect and process includes:
- names, contact details and professions of subscribers to our newsletter
- IP addresses of website visitors
- information on how website visitors use the site
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our website and what pages they visit. This data is fully anonymised before being used for analytics purposes. We do not store your personal information with Google Analytics.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for the purpose of sending our daily email newsletter. We may share this information with third-party email service providers as necessary to facilitate the sending of our daily email newsletter.
We will not sell or rent this personal information to third parties, share this information with third parties for marketing purposes, or use this information for analytics purposes.
Under the GDPR, the lawful basis we rely on for processing this information is your consent. You are able to remove your consent at any time by contacting us on email@example.com.
How we store your personal information
Your personal information is stored securely on our UK-based web servers and, in limited cases, shared with third-party service providers as necessary to provide our services. These service providers include Google Analytics, Amazon Web Services and Algolia.
We will only retain your data for as long as it is needed for the purposes set out in this policy. We will dispose of your personal information when you unsubscribe or when you ask us to.
Your data protection rights
Under data protection law, you have rights including:
- Your right of access - You have the right to ask us for copies of your personal information.
- Your right to rectification - You have the right to ask us to rectify personal information you think is inaccurate. You also have the right to ask us to complete information you think is incomplete.
- Your right to erasure - You have the right to ask us to erase your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to restriction of processing - You have the right to ask us to restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to object to processing - You have the right to object to the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances.
- Your right to data portability - You have the right to ask that we transfer the personal information you gave us to another organisation, or to you, in certain circumstances.
You are not required to pay any charge for exercising your rights. If you make a request, we have one month to respond to you.
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you wish to make a request.
How to complain
If you have any concerns our use of your personal information, you can make a complaint to us by email to email@example.com or by correspondence to our head office:
Scottish Housing News
21A South Tay Street
Dundee DD1 1NR
You can also complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) in the UK if you are unhappy with how we have used your information:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Helpline number: +44 (0) 303 123 1113
ICO website: https://www.ico.org.uk/
Last updated: 11 December 2021