Audrey Murphy to succeed retiring Stephen Macintyre as Abronhill director
Abronhill Housing Association has unveiled a new director to succeed current director Stephen Macintyre who is set to retire.
Chair Craig Burns said that Audrey Murphy has joined the Cumbernauld-based association effective from 10th January 2024.
Stephen Macintyre, who has decided to retire after 21 years of dedicated service, has provided the part-time director service to Abronhill for the past five years on behalf of Hillhead Housing Association, who won the contract in 2019. Stephen retires from Hillhead in early March.
Audrey expressed enthusiasm about joining Abronhill and said: “I am honoured to be given the opportunity to join an organisation with a strong commitment to providing affordable housing to those who want to live in Abronhill.
“I look forward to working collaboratively with the committee, staff, and the community and work towards solutions to upgrade those of our homes that are required to meet aspects of the Scottish Housing Quality Standards. All of us at Abronhill want to make positive impacts on the lives of our residents.”
During Stephen’s tenure, Abronhill has achieved numerous milestones, including:
- Consistent achievement of high levels of Tenant Satisfaction since 2019
- Establishment of a planned maintenance programme which has invested more than £402k in the Association’s stock.
- Successfully steering the Association through the pandemic
- Continual compliance with the Scottish Housing Regulator’s regulatory framework for social housing
- Overseeing the purchase and acquisition of 36 new homes in 2022
- Raising the profile of Abronhill HA with key partners and other stakeholders as well as within the local community
Craig added: “The management committee and I express our deepest gratitude to Stephen for his years of exemplary leadership, dedication, and contributions to Abronhill. Although Abronhill has some challenges to overcome in the next couple of years, we are delighted to welcome Audrey, who brings with her knowledge and experience that will support us to meet the upcoming challenges whilst committed to excellent customer service and engaging with key partners in North Lanarkshire.”