Bield development comes out on top in industry awards

St Andrew’s View exterior
St Andrew’s View

A new Bield retirement housing development in Bearsden has won a top property award before it has even opened.

Although the first properties at St Andrew’s View are not expected to be occupied until July, the project won the Senior Living Development of the Year category at the Scottish Home Awards.

The judges said of the development: “Our winner stood out as a beautiful tranquil and integral part of this new community which is close to all amenities. St Andrew’s View has a strong community emphasis which we thought provided a complete service with a deep understanding of senior living needs.”

The 20 one and two-bed modern apartments are designed to specifically meet the needs of older people and have been built to an uncompromising standard for Bield.

Susan Jackson, sales and marketing manager at Bield, said: “We are absolutely delighted that St Andrew’s View has been awarded this top industry accolade.

“It says something about the quality of the build and the concept behind St Andrew’s View that we have won in this category before the development has welcomed its first buyer.

“We wanted to build a development tailored for older people that is indistinguishable from any other new build property on the market.

“St Andrew’s View offers a different approach – and more. It will offer the older buyer the chance to enjoy an exciting and liberating phase of their life while continuing to enjoy the freedom of independent living – with the option of the right help when you need it.”

Fourteen of the 20 properties are already reserved and interest is intensifying in the remaining properties, particularly from the local Bearsden area. Two ‘View Homes’ are expected to go on show in mid June, providing examples of how the apartments can be designed and furnished.

As well as offering unprecedented high standards, St Andrew’s View apartments are available on a highly affordable shared ownership basis – an increasingly appealing purchase arrangement.

Shared ownership offers the option to purchase a 75 per cent share of the property with the remaining share being held by Bield. Buyers will have the option to purchase the remaining 25 per cent in increments following a one-year qualifying period.


Share icon
Share this article: