New homes and commercial units planned for former Glasgow church site
Under the plans, 49 residential flats and two commercial units could be built on the corner of Keppochill Road and Millarbank Street in Springburn which was previously home to Springburn Public Halls and Cowlairs Church.
The B-listed Springburn Public Halls were demolished over Christmas 2012 after the property was deemed a health and safety risk by Glasgow City Council.
A planning statement explains that the Springburn Public Halls, which were designed by William B White, opened in 1902. The halls were gifted to the community by the Reid Family who owned the Hyde Park Works.
The halls lay derelict for years with regeneration proposals proving unsuccessful, according to the planning statement.
The new development would provide 49 new homes in the area including one and two bedroom properties.
A decision on the plans is expected next month.