CALA crowned Home Builder of the Year at Homes for Scotland awards
CALA Homes is celebrating its recognition as Home Builder of the Year following the prestigious win at trade body Homes for Scotland’s (HFS) annual awards held in Edinburgh on Friday.
Considered to be the most credible in the sector due to its robust nature and stringent judging criteria, the HFS awards programme showcases the high-quality work that the industry produces and the innovative practices it engages in.
Presented in front of a crowd of 1100 senior industry representatives and their guests, CALA took the top award as a result of its shortlisting for three different developments across its East and West divisions.
CALA went on to win awards in the Private Development small and medium categories for Riverside at Bothwell, Lanarkshire (its collection of bespoke homes and apartments set alongside the banks of the river Clyde) and for The Crescent at Donaldson’s (a unique development of apartments located within the capital’s UNESCO World Heritage site). A commendation was also granted in the large development category for 21 Mansionhouse Road in Glasgow.
Judges were hugely impressed by both the diversity of product on display within CALA’s submitted projects and the passion of the CALA team which was witnessed during the site visit and interview stage.
Homes for Scotland chief executive, Nicola Barclay, said: “Every year our independent panel of judges tell us that that they face the most difficult of tasks – deciding upon the winners of these highly-esteemed accolades from a shortlist which showcases the best the industry has to offer.
“I am therefore hugely encouraged that this has proven to be the case again this year. From well thought-out examples of placemaking and architectural design quality to the innovation demonstrated within individual company practices, our sector has much to celebrate.
“I thank all those who took the time to enter and congratulate all finalists and those taking the top spots for highlighting the good work that is being undertaken both individually and collaboratively to deliver more of the homes Scotland requires right across the country.”
The full list of winners is as follows:
Private Development of the Year – Large (100+ units) – award sponsored by NHBC
- Winner: Stewart Milne Homes Central Scotland Dargaval Village, Bishopton
- Commendation: CALA Homes (West) 21 Mansionhouse Road, Glasgow
- Commendation: Robertson Partnership Homes & Urban Union Pennywell Living, Edinburgh
Private Development of the Year – Medium (26-99 units) – award sponsored by Allied Surveyors Scotland
- Winner: A & J Stephen (Builders) & ZeroC Holdings Tornagrain Phase 1A, Tornagrain
- Winner: CALA Homes (East) The Crescent at Donaldson’s, Edinburgh
Private Development of the Year – Small (up to 25 units) – award sponsored by First Title
- Winner: CALA Homes (West) Riverside at Bothwell, Lanarkshire
Affordable Housing Development of the Year – award sponsored by Anderson Strathern
- Winner: Sanctuary Group Anderston Regeneration, Glasgow
- Commendation: Clyde Valley Housing Association Coatbridge Library, Coatbridge
Supporting Organisation of the Year – award sponsored by Velux
- Winner: Contract Scotland
Company Innovation and Best Practice – award sponsored by Ground Developments Ltd
- Winner: Barratt Homes Building without Barriers
- Commendation: McTaggart Construction Sustainable Communities Programme