East Dunbartonshire lays groundwork for new development plan with consultation
Responses are already being received which will help lay the groundwork for the next Local Development Plan (LDP) for East Dunbartonshire.
The council is asking communities and stakeholders how they would like to be consulted in the process of preparing the document.
The Draft Participation Statement sets out proposed engagement at various stages and is part of the overall Development Plan Scheme – which provides a work programme for delivery.
An LDP sets out a long-term vision for where development should and should not happen.
It is vital for:
- Addressing climate change
- Delivering high-quality places to live
- Attracting new jobs and investment
- Regenerating town centres
- Protecting historic and natural environment.
Councillor Gordan Low, leader of East Dunbartonshire Council, said, “We’re seeking views on communications, engagement activities, materials, support for new Local Place Plans, and how to balance areas of potential conflict and dispute.
“The aim is to ensure we are engaging with as many residents, businesses and groups as possible – as effectively as possible.”
The current Local Development Plan (LDP2) will remain in place until LDP3 is fully approved (expected by early 2028).
To find out more and have a say – visit www.eastdunbarton.gov.uk/LDP3-DPS before 27 June 2023.
You can also attend an information session:
- Bishopbriggs War Memorial Hall (Balmuildy Road G64 3BS) – Thursday 8 June – 6.30-8pm
- Bearsden Hall (above Bearsden Community Hub – 69 Drymen Road, Bearsden G61 3QT) – Monday 12 June – 7.15-8.45pm
- Online - Wednesday 21 June – 5-6.30pm.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a place.