Winter Support Fund to launch in Moray in January
New financial assistance from the Scottish Government to access food, fuel and other essentials will be available to Moray residents from 5 January to 31 March 2022, as a one-off payment.
The existing monthly payment, from the Flexible Food Fund (FFF), towards food costs will be enhanced to incorporate a contribution towards fuel costs.
Based on previous rounds of the FFF it is anticipated that over 700 households are likely to access this funding with a budget of £163,000 allocated to provide a single payment to eligible householders.
Previous recipients of the FFF are able to claim alongside new applicants from 5 January 2022.
Entitlement is based on individual household circumstances and is part of a wider package of support provided by Money Advice Moray, such as:
- Ensuring households get all the benefit income they are entitled to.
- Support with budgeting income and outgoings.
- Help with bills and debts e.g. negotiating reduced payments with creditors on your behalf.
- Help to appeal benefit decisions.
- To access this support applicants should telephone 0300 123 4563.
Organisations and support services acting on behalf of those in need can refer clients by completing this referral form.