Deadline approaches for Scottish Land & Estates Rural Awards
Rural people across Scotland and beyond are being urged to share stories of work done by local estates and land-based businesses to help their surrounding communities and landscapes flourish, in the Helping It Happen Awards 2022 - before nominations close on Monday 18 July.
The awards, run by Scottish Land & Estates, focus on the key aim of recognising the role of estates, farms and rural businesses in enabling and supporting success in rural areas and helping rural Scotland to thrive.
The Helping it Happen Awards 2022 are supported by headline sponsors NatureScot and entrants can enter, or be nominated for, any of nine categories:
- Conservation Award – sponsored by Anderson Strathern
- Education – sponsored by Bell Ingram
- Enhancing our Environment through Land Management – sponsored by NatureScot
- Innovation in Farming – sponsored by Douglas Home & Co
- Iver Salveson Award for Combatting Climate Change – sponsored by Murray Beith Murray
- Rural Business – sponsored by Shepherd & Wedderburn
- Rural Housing – sponsored by Velux
- Tourism & Visitor Management – sponsored by GLM
- Working with Communities – sponsored by The MacRobert Trust
Mark Tennant, Scottish Land & Estates chairman, said: “We want to highlight and celebrate the significant positive contribution land-based businesses make in rural areas throughout rural Scotland – in particular, the ways in which they add value to support the local economy and the environment for wider benefit.
“I urge people up and down the country to submit their entries for this year’s awards and I look forward to reading this year’s crop of stories.”