Podcast: Alloa and town centre living with Steve Malone, Johnny Cadell and Grant Baxter
Kieran Findlay is joined by Steve Malone and Johnny Cadell, both principal architects at Architecture & Design Scotland, and Grant Baxter, the planning & building standards team leader at Clackmannanshire Council, to tell the story of a town centre development at Primrose Street in Alloa.
Together they share their experiences of working to support the multi-generational housing project, explore the collaborative policy, design, community engagement and procurement processes involved in the journey and reveal how the project became a catalyst for regeneration not just in the town centre, but in nearby Alva and across Clackmannanshire.
Jimmy Black has written a blog to accompany the episode here.
- Town Centre Living Report - https://www.scottishfuturestrust.org.uk/publications/documents/town-centre-living-report
- The original case study on the Place Standard work in Alloa - https://www.ads.org.uk/sites/default/files/2022-05/case-study-place-standard-alloa-2020.pdf
- Article on the Norwegian delegation visit in connection with Place Standard use in Alloa - https://www.ads.org.uk/blog/place-standard-tool-norwegian-colleagues-visit-scotland
- Case study on town centre living work in Alloa - https://www.ads.org.uk/blog/town-centre-living-primrose-street-alloa
- ADS report on Alva - https://www.ads.org.uk/case-study/alva-pathfinder
- ADS report on A Caring Place - https://www.ads.org.uk/resource/town-centre-living-ten-principles-caring-place
The Scottish Housing News Podcast is co-hosted by Kieran Findlay and Jimmy Black. All episodes are available here as well as on the following platforms: