Glasgow Alliance to End Homelessness seeks input to help shape its strategy
The new alliance formed to eradicate homelessness in Glasgow is looking to hear from interested parties around the city as it prepares to develop its strategy.
As the Glasgow Alliance to End Homelessness takes on commissioned homeless services across Glasgow, it said this plan will drive its approach, direction and priorities over the next three years.
The Alliance wants to hear from people living and working across Glasgow on what they think the new strategy’s priorities should be.
It is open to hearing views and new ideas from anyone with an interest in ending homelessness, but in particular:
- People living and working in Glasgow
- People with personal experience of homelessness
- People working on the frontlines of homelessness services
- Statutory and third sector services
- Organisations, services and community groups working across primary and secondary care, health, mental health, addiction, recovery, community justice, emergency services etc
To support this, a series of engagement events and activities are planned to capture views. The Alliance is also running an online survey and has engagement packs available to allow people to host discussions with their own groups or teams.
The Alliance’s website reads: “Glasgow Alliance to End Homelessness is a radical and new approach; it recognises that ‘more of the same won’t do’, and we can try things differently. Getting involved in shaping our new strategy is an opportunity to directly influence the transformation and delivery of homelessness services, and help in ending homelessness in Glasgow.”
More information on the series of engagement events and activities can be found below:
Alliance exCHANGE: Shape the Strategy
People working for a service, organisation or community group delivering support to people in Glasgow, or that have an interest in ending homelessness are invited to one of the Alliance exCHANGE events to share their views on the strategy.
- In-person: Thursday 22 September, 2.00pm – 4.00pm More info here
- Online: Tuesday 27 September, 2.00pm – 4.00pm More info here
Frontline Forum: Shape the Strategy
Those working on the frontline of services supporting people experiencing homelessness can come along to the Frontline Forum session. The Alliance wants to hear how it can support the frontline workforce over the next few years, and where it can make an impact on positively transforming services.
- Online: Wednesday 28 September, 2.00pm – 4.00pm More info here
- In-Person: Wednesday 5 October, 10.00am – 12.00pm More info here
The new director of the Alliance, Jack Rillie, will be the next guest on the Scottish Housing News Podcast. The new episode will be published on Monday.